Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

60 Minute makeover? Not likely.

So, I've finally started the ransacking of the Little house.
If you haven't seen the Little House home page here's what it looked like before I decided to savage it.


It wasn't bad, but I just wasn't happy with it.
I filled it with stuff I'd stockpiled since I was about 10 years old so needless to say it's not quite my cup of tea anymore...and I never really liked that blue paint. (Sorry Dad!)

Getting started was a bit like when you hesitate before ripping off a plaster.
...Dare I?
...What if I make a pigs ear of it?
Sod it. It's coming out!

I was an unstoppable, wood sanding, wallpaper stripping force, for around 10 minutes anyway, then it got fiddly.

Hmm. I tried soaking the wallpaper with warm water and scraping it off.
Messy, sticky, never ending.
An hour passed before I stepped back to survey the damage and was immediately struck by one thought.

"What the eff have I just done to my dolls house?!"

Did I mention I also took a wodge of sandpaper to the exterior and stripped off all the paintwork? Another marvelously messy job.

After an afternoon of working on it periodically ( I had to walk away from it numerous times) I 'm feeling a little more positive about the transformation.
Sure it looks like a dogs dinner right now and I've destroyed the hours of effort put into it by my 11 year old self and some very patient family members, ( sorry Dad!!) but it's gonna be fab when it's finished! Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment